Feel Free to Contact Us Now! Call us +91 (996)21-43721
About VIT School Of Law
Why should one study Bachelors in Law? The primary reason is the popularity and flexibility of the programme in one’s career. Unlike other courses that act as backbone to success, Legal studies masterminds the learner with indigenous thoughts and assists the learner to get on problems with sustainable action. Also, law pursuers have a wide range of opportunities in government, private and public sectors. But the inevitable programme needs critical thinking and analytical skills. If you’re the one who can deliver the above at the best, you’re the perfect fit of law. But remember to enroll at the best institute that catalyst the process to success with highly skilled staff. Is there an institute meeting the above criteria? Yes, there is. VIT School Of Law is one of the top 10 law colleges in India to offer professional legal studies in UG and PG programmes for the meritorious students. VIT houses state of art infrastructure meeting academic and personal demands of the students and staff.
Started as Vellore Engineering College (VEC) in 1984, VIT has grown up through hard work and smart improvements. VEC has become VIT after gaining University status in 2001 by University Grants Commission (UGC). From a sprawling green spread of over 372 acres In Vellore, VIT manages its three other campuses situated in Chennai, AP-Amravati, and Bhopal. Vellore Institute of Technology has secured 15th place among the top universities in India- NIRF (National Institutional of Ranking Framework). It offers 51 undergraduate programmes, 32 postgraduate, 11 Integrated Programmes and Research Programmes through its four campuses.
Why VIT School Of Law ?
Students scoring the best in the entrance examinations conducted by the university are awarded with scholarships and other benefits. This has been proved in the NIRF report 2020.The report reads that at least 10 % of students taking up courses and programmes offered study through scholarship and other means.
- Age: A candidate should not have completed 21 years of age as on 1st June 2015. No age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST community.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination recognized by the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai. Also, the candidate should have secured not less than 70% of the total marks in the aggregate of all the subjects.
- The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe communities should have secured not less than 60% of the total marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
- In case of students who make a claim under the Non-Resident Indians (NRI) category, they should have secured not less than 60% in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates should register for admissions through the official website or click here.
- Fill in the details and wait for the announcement of the rank list.
- Based on the rank list, seats are allotted through counselling sessions.
Courses Offered :
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) (Five Year Integrated Programme)
- BBA., LLB (Hons.) (Five Year Integrated Programme)
Scholarships and Student centric benefits
For students excelled in class 12 examination and entrance exam conducted by the institution, scholarships benefits are provided. In addition to scholarships, fee waiver schemes and discounts on tuition fee are also provided based on ranking. Meritorious students with a good record are offered the best to gauge the sea.
To avail scholarship and fee discount benefits, fill in your details here with marks scored in the class 12 examination. We will help you get admission and discounts/scholarships.
Students joining through us are eligible to receive discounts of up to 75 % on fees from our partnered institutions.
Students with high scores are eligible to receive scholarship benefits directly from the institution.
FACILITIES & AMENITIES
VITs’ are not only meant for study, each campus is built with outstanding amenities that every student needs. Facilities such as:
SPORTS AND EXTRAS
At VIT students are encouraged to get involved and accomplish in sports and extracurricular activities, a lot. The sports facility at VIT Shopping Complex consists of a fully air conditioned gymnasium and Snooker Hall. A separate fitness centre for men and women is also available in the campus.
In order to be mentally and physically fit, play grounds, stadium and indoor courts are installed in the campus. The Department of Physical Education conducts inter-university, state level and national level tournaments every year, and Smt. Rajeswari Viswanathan Memorial tournaments for schools and colleges.
Sports facility :
- 400 Mts Track and field
- Badminton(Wooden Floor, Men)
- Badminton (Wooden Floor, Women)
- Table Tennis
- Basketball (Synthetic Court Floodlit)
- Squash courts (Wooden)
- Handball Courts
- Hockey Field
PHOTOCOPYING AND STD SERVICES
On payment, students and staff can make use of the photocopying facility available at the institute. Also there are telephone booths for students inside the campus to make local/STD/ISD calls.
VIT believes in one mantra, “Hostels are nothing, but a second home”. That’s why the accommodation facilities at VIT are built in an eco-friendly area inside campuses to provide comfortable, safe, inclusive and secure living. VIT’s Vellore campus has a total of 24 hostels including 18 men hostels and 6 women hostels. The number differs at each campus.
Features of VIT Hostels :
● All rooms are air conditioned and equipped with water heaters for hot water supply.
● Based on requirement, single bed options or shared with both A/C and non-A/C rooms are available
● Hostelers are served with both non- vegetarian and pure vegetarian food prepared under hygienic conditions in the central kitchen.
● The VIT management committee conducts regular meetings with students to ensure their happiness and learn if there are any requirements / queries to be addressed.
To dine healthy and hygienic, the institute runs in house canteen between 7 am and 7 pm for students and staff. The facility is open to day scholars, staff members and visitors. To ensure, ‘Students are healthy’, the food served is prepared in a hygienic and authentic way. Most importantly, the canteen is designed in a way to bring liseureness and relaxation.
A provision store has been built inside campus to cater the stationery and other requirements like domestic goods, toiletry, provisions, etc. The store also stocks publications, audio/video cassettes, herbal/ayurvedic products, etc.
Other than a general store, the amenity centre houses a tailoring shop and a men’s hair salon.
What if a student falls ill? No worries, the university management has ensured availability of medical facilities through establishment of a health centre inside the campus. A dispensary with a qualified doctor on-call 24/7, a day is present . Other than treating medical needs, the medical team is encouraged to conduct regular medical checkups for all students every year.
An add-on advantage is the banking facility. A branch of a nationalised bank is functioning in a separate building inside the campus on all working days. So that the students can make use of personal banking facilities which includes withdrawal of cash via ATM here.
On request, students can make use of transportation facilities through reasonable payment at the institute. The college buses function on all working days to pick up and drop day- scholars from specified locations in the city and enroute.
Ensuring the last mile demands to be met, Computing facilities are offered to students with 24/7 internet connectivity. The campus is covered with WiFi connectivity through high end devices. Students can make use of it for professional and academic purposes.
To meet the demands of changing trends and student employability, through international ties, VIT upgrades its facilities and curriculum every year. Learning at Vellore Institute of Technology ensures the active exploration of innovations, by students.
To produce the dynamic engineers of today, intermediate programmes and training labs are introduced to the students. To attain that, the top university of India increases capital allotted for infrastructure development every year. Through its collaborations with international universities, VIT improvises its curriculum, academic facilities such as library, laboratories, and Auditoriums, every year.
The Central Library is a treasure of this information era, Stretched over 7770 sq.m, the Periyar EVR Central Library has the best collection of information resources such as books, journals & other resources in Mathematics & Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management ranging from printed books, e-books, back volumes and CDs\DVDs.
- 2,40,802 books
- 412 Print journals
- 15,024 online e-resources including e-journals, conference proceedings, and e-databases
- 3,39,787 Ebooks
- 18080 back-volumes
- 15,812 CD/DVDs resources
- 14 Daily News Papers
Features of Library :
- The central library is air-conditioned and has the capacity to accommodate loosely packed 170 users.
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Web OPAC (On-line Public Access Catalogue)
- Study Book Service
- STARS Book Bank
- Resource Sharing (InterLibrary Loan)
- Multimedia Resource Service
- On-line Databases
- NPTEL e-Learning
- Facility User Education Programme
- Tele / Video Conferencing.
- It holds separate study spaces (reading room) for users, which the students can utilize during working Hours.
VIT School of Law believes in training students with both academic and soft skills to reach the heights. To achieve that, regular workshops, seminars and mock court sessions are conducted. In addition to that, students are guided to set up their own legal career or to join a firm of legal associates. The institution encourages students to join internships at reputed firms and legal bodies.
AVG PROFIT INCREASED
Yes, this college has a good collaboration with various corporate firms and they come for placement and more workshops are conducted regarding placements on a regular basis and through those workshop, they provide complete awareness about the sources and job opportunities.
T.Kamal Kishore, LLB.
Madras High Court