Do you know what students love utmost ? Not only AI and IT related courses, but also marine engineering and maritime courses that makes them robust as a leader – Captain. It’s because of variable job positions and perks around marine courses. In this article, we’ll stream a broad light over the vast field – marine. In general, Marine engineering is nothing but a field of study that deals with the development and maintenance of the equipment used at sea. Also, it’s compatriot – Maritime courses allow an individual to turn captain and other remarkable positions in navy operations.
Life of a Marine Engineer
As a marine engineer, one can choose to work between sea and shore. The perks of shore jobs are less compared to engineers who board on ships. Also, the requirements of marine engineering and maritime courses are high as the lifestyle requires strong physical and mental health. In general, marine engineers work on a four – hour shift in maintenance and repairing the mechanical components on ship. Whereas, maritime staff including captains and sailors duty on ship are inevitable. During emergencies, they are demanded to extend their work time.
For engineers, companies offer contracts of about four to six months to board on sea. Depending upon the performance, they will be made permanent. Also, the marine engineer can ask to work onshore at his/her higher staff. Based on the instruction, they will work.
How to get into marine engineering?
To get into marine engineering and maritime courses, one may need a strong passion towards the field. There are some criteria to join marine engineering programmes and maritime courses.
- Age: Candidates, whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 1999.
- Educational Qualification : A pass in 10, + 2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination with a minimum 50% aggregate of marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Admissions to maritime institutes are based on interview sessions post online entrance examination-IMU-CET conducted by the Indian Maritime University. Students meeting the above criteria are advised to take up entrance examination via online.
- Post examination, interviews with candidates will be conducted to process admission.
- Students with valid JEE scores are also accepted for admission.
Candidates planning to join maritime courses or marine engineering can join directly by registering through the college website, clear entrance tests and clear admission procedure. If not, students can join top marine engineering colleges in Tamilnadu or best maritime institutes in tamilnadu through Toppers Educational Academy with prior guidance. It’s nothing but direct admission through us. Also, there are institutes that accept entrance exam scores and admit candidates based on that.
The average course fee ranges between Rs 15,000 and Rs 15,00,000. And the average salary package starts from 5 Lakhs per annum. The famous recruiters are Ports & Harbours, Research & Deployment Centres, Ship Building Companies, Naval Jobs. For more details on admission at Top maritime institutes in Tamilnadu, visit – Toppersno1.com