Feel Free to Contact Us Now! Call us +91 (996)21-43721
About SRM School Of Law
Interested in joining the legal force of the nation? Choose Law from a renowned institute that molds the future lawyers and legal heads of society. But while selecting the best institute, remember to understand the institute completely. For instance, if your aim is to become a legal advisor for a corporate firm, the institute you join should have the course elements, updated syllabus and faculties who train you from scratch to become out of the box.
Is there an institute meeting the above criteria? Yes, there is. S.R.M School Of Law – one of the prominent and top 10 institutes in India to pursue legal studies. As a constituent department or school within its Kattankulathur – Chengalpattu Campus, the prestigious institute offers a five-year BA LLB, five-year BCom LLB (both honours) and three-year LLB (honours) for the meritorious students interested in legal studies.
SRM School Of Law is one the top legal schools in India, part of SRM group of institutions. The institute comes under the affiliation of SRM Institute of Science and Technology- a Deemed To be University recognized by UGC. Located amidst lush lands of Kattankulathur, SRM IST runs its law school, built elegantly with state of art facilities and highly skilled staff.
SRMIST- with more than 3200 faculties at campuses – Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Modinagar, NCR, Delhi, aims at building entrepreneurs and creative thinkers through its dynamic curriculum.
Why SRM-School Of Law
The institute follows a robust academic framework drafted by legal and academic experts based on the suggestions of Bar Council Of India. In addition to academics, it offers non legal courses for students. These make SRMIST stand out from all other institutes.
All thanks to its curriculum, which includes non-legal courses such as English as a communication skill, political science, international relations, business management, banking and insurance services, and human resource management.
Facts About SRMIST and It’s Law School
Applications are Opened for 2021
❖ Robust Academic Framework
❖ Mock- court session on mock court lab built within the campus.
❖ 70% of students are from outside Tamil Nadu, with students from USA, Europe, China and other countries.
❖ More than 200 students benefited by studying at Top international universities like MIT through Student Exchange Programmes.
❖ Ranked with A++ Grade for academic excellence by NAAC.
❖ Ranked 36th place for eminence by ranking statutory board-NIRF.
❖ More than 32 crore scholarships are funded for students to continue their education.
- Age: A candidate should not have completed 21 years of age as on 1st June 2015. No age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST community.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination recognized by the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai. Also, the candidate should have secured not less than 70% of the total marks in the aggregate of all the subjects.
- The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe communities should have secured not less than 60% of the total marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
- In case of students who make a claim under the Non-Resident Indians (NRI) category, they should have secured not less than 60% in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates should register for admissions through the official website or click here.
- Fill in the details and wait for the announcement of the rank list.
- Based on the rank list, seats are allotted through counselling sessions.
Courses Offered :
- B.A. LL.B (Honours)
- Five Year Integrated Law Degree Programme
- Three Year Law Degree Programme
- LL.B (Honours)
- B.Com. LL.B (Honours)
Scholarships and Student centric benefits
For students excelled in class 12 examination and entrance exam conducted by the institution, scholarships benefits are provided. In addition to scholarships, fee waiver schemes and discounts on tuition fee are also provided based on ranking. Meritorious students with a good record are offered the best to gauge the sea.
To avail scholarship and fee discount benefits, fill in your details here with marks scored in the class 12 examination. We will help you get admission and discounts/scholarships.
Students joining through us are eligible to receive discounts of up to 75 % on fees from our partnered institutions.
Students with high scores are eligible to receive scholarship benefits directly from the institution.
FACILITIES & AMENITIES
Well-known for hospitality, Students learning at HIMT campus are offered with all basic amenities and facilities one needs. Facilities such as,
MOOT COURT HALL
Moot court is an extracurricular activity, where students participate to build their analytical, research and oratory skills. This is facilitated at Moot Court Hall, where the students used to be trained by the faculties by making the students participating in the Moot Court competition in other universities..
Within the Eco-friendly campus, accommodation facilities are built spacious, ensuring natural ventilation support. SRM believes that life on campus should be like life at home, so SRM ensures all facilities are installed, so that students not only study but also socialize with the peers.
Features of Hostels :
● All rooms are air conditioned and equipped with water heaters for hot water supply.
● Based on requirement, single bed options or shared with both A/C and non-A/C rooms are available.
● Hostelers are served with both non- vegetarian and pure vegetarian food prepared under hygienic conditions in the central kitchen.
PHOTOCOPYING AND STD SERVICES
On payment, students and staff can make use of the photocopying facility available at the institute. Also there are telephone booths for students inside the campus to make local/STD/ISD calls.
An add-on advantage is the banking facility. A branch of a nationalised bank is functioning in a separate building inside the campus on all working days. So that the students can make use of personal banking facilities which includes withdrawal of cash via ATM here.
What if a student falls ill? No worries, the university management has ensured availability of medical facilities through establishment of a health centre inside the campus. A dispensary with qualified doctors on-call 24/7, a day is present . Other than treating medical needs, the medical team is encouraged to conduct regular medical checkups for all students every year.
On request, students can make use of transportation facilities through reasonable payment at the institute. The college buses function on all working days to pick up and drop day- scholars from specified locations in the city and enroute.
GALLERY TYPE CLASSROOM
To make students socialize and speak without hesitation, gallery type classrooms are made available. The classroom is well-structured and provided with a ventilation facility and a writing board.
The central library inside the 15 storey administrative block owns the finest information resources meeting international standards. Spread over four floors of 1.50 lakh sq,ft area, the library is fully air conditioned and automated with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology.
● 1,46,983 Volumes.
● 290 journals and magazines related to Engineering, Management, Legal etc.
● 1,63,709 e-books.
● 34,138 e-journals.
● 862 Thesis and Dissertations.
●12084 UG and PG projects.
Features of Library:
1. The central library is air-conditioned and has the capacity to accommodate 600 loosely packed users.
2. Reference Service
3. Web OPAC (On-line Public Access Catalogue)
4. study Book Service
5. Multimedia Resource Service
6. On-line Databases
7. It holds separate study spaces (reading room) for users, which the students can utilize during working Hours.
SPORTS AND EXTRAS
SRMIST encourages students to get involved and accomplish in sports and extracurricular activities. In order to be mentally and physically fit, play grounds, stadium and indoor courts are installed on the campus.
- 4 volleyball courts with flood light and link mesh fence of 2640 square meter in total.
- 5 basketball courts with flood light and link mesh fence of 5000 square meters in total.
- 2 football fields with link mesh fences of 18000 square meters in total.
- 1 hockey field
- 400-meter standard mud track.
- Tennis court cum ball badminton court with flood light.
- Multipurpose Air Conditioned indoor stadium.
- Badminton court with a provision for playing table tennis.
- 1 cricket field with 3 cricket net practice pitch.
“SRMIST” believes in training students with both academic and soft skills to reach the heights. To achieve that, regular workshops, seminars and mock court sessions are conducted. In addition to that, students are guided to set up their own legal career or to join a firm of legal associates. The institution encourages students to join internships at reputed firms and legal bodies.
AVG PROFIT INCREASED
Yes, this college has a good collaboration with various corporate firms and they come for placement and more workshops are conducted regarding placements on a regular basis and through those workshop, they provide complete awareness about the sources and job opportunities.
T.Kamal Kishore, LLB.
Madras High Court