Bachelor of Pharmacy(B. Pharm)
About Bachelor of Pharmacy(B. Pharm):
1. A Bachelor of Pharmacy (abstraction of B Pharm or BS Pharm) is an undergraduate academic degree in the field of pharmacy.
2. The degree is the not essential for enrolment to rehearse as a drug specialist in numerous nations. It’s preparation to comprehend the properties and effects of meds and developing the intelligence required to direct patients about their utilization.
Facilities & Eligiblity:
- It is a four-year program with both yearly and semester plans available.
- In order to be eligible, one must pass with at least 50% marks in 10 + 2 (or an equivalent examination) with biology or biotechnology as one of the subjects.
- Colleges giving pharmaceutical training (D. Pharm, B. Pharm, M. Pharm or Pharm D) must be endorsed by All Indian Council of Technical Education (AICTE) or Pharmacy Council Of India (PCI).
Future Depends on the following fields:
- Being a pharmacist
- Patient counselling
- Doing further studies such as master’s degree
- Working in a university as a lecturer
- Working as a drug information specialist
Doctor of Pharm(Pharm. D)
About Doctor of Pharm(Pharm.D):
- A Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D New Latin Pharmaciae Doctor) is an expert doctorate in pharmacy.
- In a few nations, it is a first expert degree, and an essential for authorizing to rehearse the calling of pharmacy.Pharm.D course introduced by the Government of India and Pharmacy Council of India in 2008.
Facilities & Eligibility:
- According to this criteria , a student must have secured 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Optional subject (Mathematics/Biology) in twelth board examination.
- Pharm D (Post-Baccalaureate): Graduates who have completed B Pharm from a PCI recognized organization are qualified to seek after this course.
- The Pharm.D program is a pre-PhD, post-graduate proficient doctorate of 6 years.The Pharm.D degree requires five years of classroom and doctor’s facility based didactic study (two years didactic post-baccalaureate course), followed by one year of temporary position preparing in addition to progressing practicals and research project.
With reference to Clarification on Pharm.D qualification, it is clarified to all colleges that Pharm.D is a post graduate degree and passing students can directly enlist for Ph.D From 2012.