B Tech Admission at Top engineering colleges in Tamilnadu
Do you know that Tamil Nadu is one among the top Indian states to offer career level engineering courses in 2021. Yes, all thanks to the education curriculum, student friendly norms and state of art infrastructure at the engineering colleges in the state. Currently, there are more than 500 engineering colleges offering UG and PG level courses in Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) or B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) in Tamilnadu. These colleges are categorized into two -Colleges affiliated to Anna University and Private Deemed Universities.
Alert– Wanna Know About Top Engineering Colleges Affiliated To Anna University? Click here.
Alert – Do you Know about the Top Deemed Universities in Tamilnadu?, Click here.
When it comes to admission, both affiliated and deemed universities follow different norms. Admission at top engineering colleges affiliated to Anna University are processed via TNEA counselling session. Whereas, admission at top deemed universities across Tamilnadu are processed via entrance examinations including JEE, SAT and Engineering eligibility exams conducted by the institutions.
About TNEA B.Tech Admissions 2021
Every year, TNEA invites applications in the last week of May soon after class 12 results are announced. We expected the same to be held this year, but that’s likely to get affected due to the rise of covid-19 cases in Tamilnadu and postponement of class 12 exam. Since the exam dates for State Board students have not been announced, the TNEA counselling may get delayed further. But since the process involved in TNEA is completely online, there is no need to get worried. For students, who don’t have access to internet or facilities required to apply, facilitation centres will be set up DTE in all the districts across the state where students can submit the online application form without relying on internet centres.
Eligibility Criteria for TNEA Counselling
- Age: Candidates, whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 1999
- Educational Qualification: A pass in 10, + 2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination with a minimum 50% aggregate of marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Admissions to engineering colleges are based on counselling sessions. Students meeting the above criteria are advised to take up TNEA counselling.
- Students with Valid JEE scores are also eligible for B Tech Admission.
Admission Procedure for BE/BTech colleges affiliated to Anna University
- Admissions to engineering colleges are based on merit. To join them, all you have to do is apply yourself for TNEA counselling if you’re seeking a government quota.
- For students interested to join top engineering colleges affiliated to anna university via management quota, all you have to do is register for admissions at the college’s website or click here.
- If you have any doubts in the registration process, feel free to call us. We are glad to guide you in the process of admission.
How does government quota work?
- For admissions in engineering institutions affiliated to Anna University, the Tamilnadu government conducts TNEA counselling sessions every year. Students interested in joining engineering institutions in the state are eligible to apply if they have completed the Class 12 exam or its equivalent.
- Once registered for TNEA single window counselling with relevant documents, students will be invited to attend counselling sessions based on rank list. The ranks are decided based on marks obtained by students and other supplement quota.
- During single window counselling, documents of students will be verified and will be offered to place admission in the college available vacant at the time of counselling.
- Then, students can join the college by paying the fees mentioned in the admission order passed though TNEA counselling.
How To get seats via Management Quota ?
- Admissions to Engineering Colleges are open for students joining via management quota. First, the student has to register with Toppersno1 with appropriate details.
- Post successful payment of fees and clearing exam, students will be invited to join the college.
- If you’ve doubts in seeking admission to management quota, kindly Click here.
Documents Required For students during Engineering admission in Tamilnadu
To avail admission at Top engineering colleges, the following documents must be kept ready before applying for TNEA counselling session 2021.
- HSC (Class 12) Hall Ticket
- Class 10 & 12 Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Category Certificate (only for reserved categories)
- Nativity Certificate (only for some students )
If you need assistance in getting those documents, you can fill in the form present alongside with relevant details. Our Career expert will get you on call and get the admission process done in minutes.